Stontex Temporary Protective Coating – 1L & 5L
Temporary Protective Coating is essential to use when working with modern slurry or brush in pointing paving mortars. This sacrificial protective sealant coating can be easily removed by washing off after the completion or grouting or pointing. When applied correctly it will offer 100% protection against cement residues, pigment and polymer staining.
- Water based temporary protection for porcelain and natural stone paving.
- 100% protection against cement residues and polymer staining.
- Protects surface against discolouration when using pigmented grouts, discolouration and smearing.
- Coating is removed by the washing off process after grouting.
- Excellent stain protection.
Coverage: 10-12sqm (Coverage will vary depending on surface texture and porosity)
Application Temperature: The temperature of the surface should be between 5 and 25 degrees Celsius.
Drying Time: Leave 15 – 20 minutes between coats. Leave for a minimum of 1 hour before then applying a pointing system or grout.
Directions for use:
- Always ensure you have adequate PPE and suitable protective clothing. All application tools can be washed with warm clean water after use and before drying.
- Ensure paving surfaces are clean, dry and free from contamination.
- Shake container well before use.
- Apply the Temporary Protective Coating thoroughly with a roller, brush, sponge or micro fibre cloth.
- Rub well into the surface but avoid application to un grouted joints.
- Drying time: leave 15 – 20 minutes between coats.
- leave for a minimum of 1 hour after applying the second coat before applying a pointing system or grout.
- During washing off process, Temporary Protective Coating will be removed. Any residual coating can be removed with clean water after the grouting or pointing has set.
Please note: Do not use in temperatures below 5 degrees or in damp conditions. Use undiluted, apply before grouting or pointing begins.