Perfect for an ornate deluxe lawn
Available in 500gm, 1.5kg and 10kg bags.
Luxury Lawn is a traditional Fescue and Browntop Bent mixture. Previously this was a front lawn mix but it is now specially designed to be more fine and dense – ideally suited to being mown short, and (with the correct lawn mower) having stripes. It is the ideal mix for its appearance and will tolerate light use.
Luxury Lawn is suitable for all types of lawn where appearance is a priority. It is fine, dense and tolerant of shade too.
All bulk lawn seed is packed in polypropylene laminate bags. These bags have been specially designed and manufactured to improve durability and protect against damage in transit.
- With Green Lawn and SeedBooster Technology
- 500g Carton Covers up to 20 Square Metres
- 1.55KG Carton Covers up to 60 Square Metres
- Also Available in 10KG Bags
- A Mixture of Chewing Fescue, Strong and Creeping Red Fescue and Browntop Bent
SeedBooster is an innovative two in one seed coating developed for the professional turf market. Each seed is wrapped in its own parcel of fast and slow release fertiliser, the seed germinates sooner and establishes faster, resulting in up to 30% more grass and a denser lawn than by sowing seed and fertiliser separately. This makes it particularly effective when used on slower to establish, finer grasses (such as those in Shady Place or Luxury Lawn) and for improving existing lawns with Johnsons Lawn Thickener. SeedBooster gives you:
- 30% More Grass
- Coats Seeds with Nitrogen
- Faster Germination and Establishment
- Child, Pet and Environmentally Friendly
- Harmlessly Deters Birds
- A New, Energised Lawn
Resistance to Wear and Tear: **
Speed of Establishment:**
Fineness of Appearance:*****
Tolerance to Drought:****
Suitability for Shady Areas:****
Young grass will appear within 7-14 days under good growing conditions but will take longer if the ground is cold. For best results, sow between March and October.
Sowing a new lawn step by step guide:
1. Remove weeds, stones and rubbish before sowing. Dig to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in). Level and firm seed bed by raking then treading or light rolling.
2. If possible, leave seed bed for a few weeks and then destroy any weeds.
3. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then scatter evenly. Sow the seed at a rate of 35g per sq. metre (1 ¼ ozs per sq yard) half from left to right, then half from top to bottom for each section. Rake lightly and firm in seed by treading or light rolling.
4. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
Overseeding an existing lawn step by step guide:
1. Mow the lawn short then using a spring tine rake or scarifier remove the layers of dead grass or thatch. If possible, spike lawn with a hollow tine fork and brush in some topsoil to relieve any compacted areas.
2. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then sow the seed at a rate of 25g per sq. metre (¾ ozs per sq yard), scattering evenly. Alternatively, the seed can be mixed with some topsoil and sown by hand to aid distribution and moisture retention.
3. Firm in the seed by treading or light rolling. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
4. Ideally do not mow existing grass until new grass is growing. If a mow is necessary, raise the cutting height.