Lawn Thickener with Seedbooster
Perfect for thickening tired lawns quickly!
Available in 500gm and 1.5kg cartons
Perfect for thickening tired lawns, patches or even new lawns. The SeedBooster treatment on Lawn Thickener is child, pet and environmentally friendly and acts as a harmless bird deterrent too. Uses Fine Leaved Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass. Perfect for thickening tired lawns where more grass is needed quickly. Wear and drought tolerant, can be used for patching new lawns too.
- With Green Lawn and SeedBooster Technology
- 500g Carton Covers up to 20 Square Metres
- 1.5KG Carton Covers up to 60 Square Metres
SeedBooster is an innovative two in one seed coating developed for the professional turf market. Each seed is wrapped in its own parcel of fast and slow release fertiliser, the seed germinates sooner and establishes faster, resulting in up to 30% more grass and a denser lawn than by sowing seed and fertiliser separately. This makes it particularly effective when used on slower to establish, finer grasses (such as those in Shady Place or Luxury Lawn) and for improving existing lawns with Johnsons Lawn Thickener. SeedBooster gives you:
- 30% More Grass
- Coats Seeds with Nitrogen
- Faster Germination and Establishment
- Child, Pet and Environmentally Friendly
- Harmlessly Deters Birds
- A New, Energised Lawn
Green Lawn Technology
Green Lawn Technology amenity grasses are used by professional turf managers in leading sports stadia around the world. They are quick to establish, keep your lawn greener all year round and their increased roots mean they need less watering and fertiliser.
Resistance to Wear and Tear: *****
Speed of Establishment:*****
Fineness of Appearance: ***
Tolerance to Drought:***
Suitability for Shady Areas:***
Young grass will appear within 7-14 days under good growing conditions but will take longer if the ground is cold. For best results, sow between March and October.
Sowing a new lawn step by step guide:
1. Remove weeds, stones and rubbish before sowing. Dig to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in). Level and firm seed bed by raking then treading or light rolling.
2. If possible, leave seed bed for a few weeks and then destroy any weeds.
3. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then scatter evenly. Sow the seed at a rate of 35g per sq. metre (1 ¼ ozs per sq yard) half from left to right, then half from top to bottom for each section. Rake lightly and firm in seed by treading or light rolling.
4. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
Overseeding an existing lawn step by step guide:
1. Mow the lawn short then using a spring tine rake or scarifier remove the layers of dead grass or thatch. If possible, spike lawn with a hollow tine fork and brush in some topsoil to relieve any compacted areas.
2. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then sow the seed at a rate of 25g per sq. metre (¾ ozs per sq yard), scattering evenly. Alternatively, the seed can be mixed with some topsoil and sown by hand to aid distribution and moisture retention.
3. Firm in the seed by treading or light rolling. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
4. Ideally do not mow existing grass until new grass is growing. If a mow is necessary, raise the cutting height.