EASYSeal Slate and Limestone Reviver – 5 Litres
Seals, enhances and enriches colour.
EASYSeal Slate & Limestone is an advanced water based high performance sealer using the latest technology to provide a waterproof, breathable, transparent yet durable seal to limestone and slate. Solvent free and easy to use, EASYSeal Slate & Limestone helps to repel dirt and stains and inhibits the growth of moss and algae. For use only on slate or limestone. To enhance other porous natural stone types, use EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer & Enhancer.
- Resists fungal growth and staining.
- Improves slip resistance by keeping contaminates away.
- Protects and waterproofs.
- Transparent sheen finish.
- Quick drying.
Note: The nature of natural paving is such that stone, even of the same type, will absorb liquid at different rates. This varying of density even extends to patches within the same paving slab resulting in differing levels of enhancement. To achieve as even an effect as possible, we recommend two generous coats. The final result will simply be an exaggeration of the stone colours in their natural state.
Up to 25m²
Note Natural stone varies in levels of porosity, therefore on more porous stone the coverage will be less and more product will be required. Adding more coats will increase the effect and provide a higher level of protection. For even greater colour enrichment apply a 3rd coat before the 2nd is dry. Applying additional coats to the Slate or Limestone when the previous coat is completely dry may result in pooling and a patchy finish. Do not apply more than 3 coats. The final result will simply be an exaggeration of the natural stone colours in their natural state. The full curing process takes up to 24 hours – longer in cold conditions.
Features & Benefits
- For use on ALL slate and limestone paving
- Enriches and stabilises colour, especially black
- Exaggerates the colours of the stone in their natural state
- Clear protective seal against water, oil, grease and stains
- Quick drying – improves slip resistance
- Inhibits the growth of moss & algae
- Solvent free sealer
- Allows the stone to breathe
- Water based technology
Brief usage instructions
- Shake well before use
- Always test a small area before use to ensure compatibility and that the finished result is acceptable
- Surface should be clean, dry and free from mould, algae and efflorescence before applying
- This product is not suitable if surfaces have been treated previously with a silicon or stearate based water repellent
- Do not pour the product directly on to the surface
- Do not use in wet weather or if rain is forecast within 4 hours of application. Ensure the surface is completely dry
- Ideal operating temperature between 10ºC and 30ºC. Do not apply if frosty or when surface and air temperature are below 5C
- Not suitable for totally non-porous surfaces e.g. glazed quarry tiles, engineering brick, or any other polished or glazed surfaces
- Keep pets away until surface is fully dry
- Ensure footwear is clean or wear protectors to avoid contamination
- Clean tools and other equipment with warm soapy water immediately after use
- Apply a generous even coat with a long pile roller and tray or a low pressure sprayer at a coverage rate of 4-5m2 per litre. Do not allow the product to run or pool or the final appearance may not be even in colour
- To increase uniformity and deepen the enhancement, apply a second coat whilst the stone remains damp from the first coat. Timing depends on temperatures and the type of stone. Applying a second coat when the first is completely dry may result in pooling and a patchy finish.
- Optimum performance is reached after 2-3 days. Allow product to cure overnight before subjecting to heavy use – increase this time in cold, damp conditions
You have eight products in your range, what makes them different?
We have a sealer comparison chart that explains at a glance what the main features of each sealer does. Each sealer has been designed to make the job of sealing easier, quicker or both.
I would like to seal my blocked paved driveway, what is the best product for this?
Ideally you should buy BCS (Block and contract), it contains a sand binder and will water proof the whole area, it is also very hard wearing. You could also consider Contract which does a similar job but in a different way, it is cheaper than BCS but will not wear as well, BCS also contains more sand binder than contract.
Have you got a sealer that will still allow the stone to breathe and won’t leave a shiny, or enhanced surface?
Yes, there is a choice of sealers. Our basic sealer is SSP, it’s very good and the most popular sealer in our range. Then there is EASYSeal Ultimate, it contains an added formula ‘Dirt Defence’ which gives the seal an added strength, that makes it harder wearing, it is also water based.
I am about to get my patio cleaned but it is looking dull, I understand you have a sealer that enhances the stone is that right?
Yes, we have two excellent colour enhancers that also seal your paving, these are suitable for most types of natural stone and have been specifically designed to treat and protect Slate, limestone and sandstone. EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer Enhancer and EASYSeal Slate & Limestone Sealer Enhancer – both are designed to impregnate the surface bringing out the natural colour and patterns in the natural stone. By incorporating the sealing and enhancing process, in one application, we have made your job easier and quicker. Unlike most other sealers, our EASYSealers can be used before jointing paving, because they are water based sealers and allow natural stone to breathe thus allowing salts and efflorescence to pass freely through the natural stone paving and wash away from the surface. Beware other sealers that can’t be applied for up to six months and can trap the salts under the surface of the sealer, leaving a horrible milky finish!
I have an exposed wall that takes an age to dry out after it rains, will your sealers work on it?
The product you need is Water Seal Plus, it contains a formula that will not only seal the brickwork preventing further penetration it actually allows trapped water within the bricks to exit. As a result it may actually increase the thermal properties of your home.
I am about to lay a new patio down, when should I seal the paving?
Where ever possible seal the paving before you joint it, the advantages are two fold, not only will you be able to seal the top and sides of the stone, giving it better protection, you will also note that it is not recommended that the paving is sealed for 4 weeks after using EASYjoint. For particularly sensitive stone such as Granite, Black Limestone & Modak we recommend all six sides of the stone are sealed. It is possible for contaminants to be drawn from the sub base into the stone and to the surface.
I have a patio that was sealed several years ago and it looks like there are trapped deposits between the stone surface and sealer. What can I do?
The old sealer that was used can’t have allowed the stone to ‘breathe’ and has trapped salt deposits under the surface of the sealer. Often salts are released from natural stone, normally within 6 months of laying new stone. Firstly you will need to remove the old sealer, you can do this with EASYCare sealer remover to expose the natural stone, it can then be cleaned and re-sealed using a sealer from the EASYSeal range: EASYSeal SSP, Ultimate, Enhancer or Slate & Lime Sealer Enhancer all allow stone to breathe and will not trap salt deposits – thus avoiding those unsightly white stains. If the efflorescence is difficult to remove use EASY Efflorescence Destroyer before sealing it.
Note: Not all white deposits are Efflorescence, for hard calcium deposits you will need to use EASY Mortar Stain and Calcium Remover .
For any further information please do contact us via email or our helpline, also the online chat.