EASYSeal Stone & Paving Protector SSP
EASYSeal SSP is designed to penetrate, seal & protect natural stone & concrete paving.
Virtually invisible once applied, it allows the stone to “breathe” whilst protecting paving from all manner of substances, such as cooking & engine oils, grease & fat, food, ketchup, mustard & beverages such as tea, coffee & wine. Ideal for protecting your paving against the excesses of the summer BBQ!
Suitable for internal as well as external use, EASYSeal SSP is water-based, thereby making it highly environmentally friendly.
Up to 40m²
Natural stone varies in levels of porosity, therefore on more porous stone the coverage will be less and more product will be required.
Features & Benefits:
- Penetrates, seals & protects natural stone & concrete paving
- Virtually invisible
- Allows the stone to “breathe”
- Excellent oil & water repellent
- Superb anti-stain properties
- Resists many staining substance
- Resists Cooking & engine oil, grease & fat
- Resists Food & beverages including mustard, ketchup, most relishes, tea & coffee
- Good anti-graffiti properties
- Durable & long lasting
- Resists general dirt & grime
- Impedes moss & fungal growth
- Pressure washer resistant
- Environmentally friendly
- 100% water based – No toxic substances
- Can be used on damp surfaces
- Suitable for internal & external use
Brief usage instructions
- Do not apply to non-porous materials. Do not apply to painted surfaces or those that have been previously treated with silicone sealants or other water repellent materials
- Always test a small inconspicuous area before use to ensure surface compatibility, performance and finish is acceptable
- EASYSeal SSP is best applied on a dry surface but can be used on damp (not wet) paving. Do not apply if there is standing water
- Avoid applying if rain is predicted within 6 hours of application
- Shake well before use
- Ensure the paving is clean, sound and dry. Surfaces should be free from any mould or fungal growth, waxes or coatings
- Do not apply when surface temperatures are below 5℃ or above 35℃
- Avoid foot traffic for 8+ hours after dry. Avoid vehicular traffic for 3 days
- Protect from rain for 6 hours after surface is touch dry
- Keep pets away until surface is fully dry
- Apply with a brush, roller or low pressure sprayer. Work well into the surface, particular on textured stone. Apply evenly but thoroughly and avoid “pooling”. If necessary, clear excess by mopping with a damp cloth
- Coverage will vary dramatically according to the porosity of the paving. Porous stone coverage could be as little as 3m2 per litre whereas more dense material can achieve 8 – 10m2 per litre
- One coat is often sufficient, but for best results, particularly with more porous stone, apply a second coat whilst the surface is still damp from the first coat – but certainly within 1 hour. In hot weather, the second coat will need applying virtually immediately
You have eight products in your range, what makes them different?
We have a sealer comparison chart that explains at a glance what the main features of each sealer does. Each sealer has been designed to make the job of sealing easier, quicker or both.
I would like to seal my blocked paved driveway, what is the best product for this?
Ideally you should buy BCS (Block and contract), it contains a sand binder and will water proof the whole area, it is also very hard wearing. You could also consider Contract which does a similar job but in a different way, it is cheaper than BCS but will not wear as well, BCS also contains more sand binder than contract.
Have you got a sealer that will still allow the stone to breathe and won’t leave a shiny, or enhanced surface?
Yes, there is a choice of sealers. Our basic sealer is SSP, it’s very good and the most popular sealer in our range. Then there is EASYSeal Ultimate, it contains an added formula ‘Dirt Defence’ which gives the seal an added strength, that makes it harder wearing, it is also water based.
I am about to get my patio cleaned but it is looking dull, I understand you have a sealer that enhances the stone is that right?
Yes, we have two excellent colour enhancers that also seal your paving, these are suitable for most types of natural stone and have been specifically designed to treat and protect Slate, limestone and sandstone. EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer Enhancer and EASYSeal Slate & Limestone Sealer Enhancer – both are designed to impregnate the surface bringing out the natural colour and patterns in the natural stone. By incorporating the sealing and enhancing process, in one application, we have made your job easier and quicker. Unlike most other sealers, our EASYSealers can be used before jointing paving, because they are water based sealers and allow natural stone to breathe thus allowing salts and efflorescence to pass freely through the natural stone paving and wash away from the surface. Beware other sealers that can’t be applied for up to six months and can trap the salts under the surface of the sealer, leaving a horrible milky finish!
I have an exposed wall that takes an age to dry out after it rains, will your sealers work on it?
The product you need is Water Seal Plus, it contains a formula that will not only seal the brickwork preventing further penetration it actually allows trapped water within the bricks to exit. As a result it may actually increase the thermal properties of your home.
I am about to lay a new patio down, when should I seal the paving?
Where ever possible seal the paving before you joint it, the advantages are two fold, not only will you be able to seal the top and sides of the stone, giving it better protection, you will also note that it is not recommended that the paving is sealed for 4 weeks after using EASYjoint. For particularly sensitive stone such as Granite, Black Limestone & Modak we recommend all six sides of the stone are sealed. It is possible for contaminants to be drawn from the sub base into the stone and to the surface.
I have a patio that was sealed several years ago and it looks like there are trapped deposits between the stone surface and sealer. What can I do?
The old sealer that was used can’t have allowed the stone to ‘breathe’ and has trapped salt deposits under the surface of the sealer. Often salts are released from natural stone, normally within 6 months of laying new stone. Firstly you will need to remove the old sealer, you can do this with EASYCare sealer remover to expose the natural stone, it can then be cleaned and re-sealed using a sealer from the EASYSeal range: EASYSeal SSP, Ultimate, Enhancer or Slate & Lime Sealer Enhancer all allow stone to breathe and will not trap salt deposits – thus avoiding those unsightly white stains. If the efflorescence is difficult to remove use EASY Efflorescence Destroyer before sealing it.
Note: Not all white deposits are Efflorescence, for hard calcium deposits you will need to use EASY Mortar Stain and Calcium Remover .
For any further information please do contact us via email or our helpline, also the online chat.