Jointex D1 – medium EXTRA
Exclusive to Jointing Mortar UK , this product is the choice of professionals, experts and contractors. Like Jointex easy it is the best jointing compound on the market, this product is far stronger and superior allowing the weight of traffic and vehicles. So not just for use on a graden patio. It is available in the 3 colours, neutral, sand stone grey and basalt in a 25 Kg tub which you can also use to mix the 2 components in.
Expoxy resin pavement fixing mortar, 2-componet
Number 1 In Europe, The Professional & Experts Choice
All the details below, however please do contact us for any further information required:-
Jointex D1 is a 2 component, physiologically harmless mortar on an epoxy resin base.
The selected grain-size distribution guarantees excellent water-permeability.
- For joints with a width from 5mm upwards
- Open pore
- Frost proof
- Prevents weed growth
- Physiologically safe after hardening
- Suitable for street sweepers
Jointex D1 Medium EXTRA new joining of plaster and renovation of natural, concrete and clinker bricks.
- Pavements, driveways, laybys
- Walkways, pedestrian areas, inner courtyards
- Garden facilities and the like
- For surfaces subject to medium traffic loads (with suitable substrate)
Preparation of the surface
The substrate must be sufficiently load bearing and must be correspondingly designed for future dynamic loads. The joint flanks must be void of all types of impurities.
The overall structure must be water permeable so that no water stagnation occurs in the joints.
Please observe the relevant regulations and codes of practice governing the laying of paved surfaces. The paved surface to be grouted must be carefully pre-wetted to eliminate any absorbency of the paving while the D1 is applied.
However, no water may stagnate in the joints themselves.
Minimal joint width: 5mm
Minimal joint depth:
-for small cobble stones: 25 mm
-for large cobble stones: 30 mm
Joint depth: 1.5 times joint width
- Mix both components in a compulsory mixer or using a suitable mortar agitator for at least 3 minutes. Then add water up to a maximum of 10%. Light foaming indicates that the optimum mortar consistency has been reached.
- Grouting with Jointex D1 Medium EXTRA is completed by application with a squeegee.
- After 15-20 minutes, the introduced joints are compacted with a medium hard broom lengthwise and sideways.
- After a further 20-30 minutes, the bonding agent film residue on the stones is sprayed off using a fine water spray.
- Clean all processing equipment with water immediately after use.
The fresh surface must be closed to all traffic for a period of up to 24 hours.
(At +20c and 60% relative atmospheric humidity)
The surface to be grouted should be constructed in such a manner that later loads do not cause any loosening of the lining’s joints.
- Maintain the processing temperature of +8c to +25c.
- Ensure proper ventilation when working inside.
- Before beginning work, sufficiently moisture the surface to be plastered in order to avoid a penetration of epoxy resin material into the stone’s pores.
- Carry out preliminary test.
- To determine the exact consumption and to test the surfaces, we recommend creating a trial area.
- Observe the ZTV-Wegebau (Additional technical terms of contract for road construction), issue 2013.
- High temperatures accelerate and low temperatures delay the progress of hardening. Therefore store the material under temperature conditions that maintain optimal processing conditions.
Large Paving Stones
160 x 190 mm – approx. 3.8 kg/m2
140 x 170 mm – approx. 4.4 kg/m2
Small paving stones
100 x 100 mm – approx. 6.7 kg/m2
90 x 90 mm – approx. 7.8 kg/m2
Mosaic paving stones
60 x 60 mm – approx. 11.6 kg/m2
50 x 50 mm – approx. 13.0 kg/m2
Joint width 5 mm
Joint depth 30 mm
Packaging – PE Bucket
Mixed container – 25 Kg
Component A – 24.3 kg
Component B – 0.7 kg
Delivery form – 24 barrels/pallet
Colour tones – natural, basalt, stone grey
Processing temperature – +8c to +25c
Processing time 1) – approx. 20 minutes
Joint width – min. 5 mm
Fresh mortar density – approx.. 1.45 g/cm3
Compression strength after 28 d – > 25 N/mm2, min. 6 months
1) At +20c and 60 % relative atmospheric humidty
Epoxy resin/hardener, functionally filling materials, pigments
AVAILABLE FROM MARCH 2016
Information regarding the safety during transport, storage and handling are included in the updated safety data sheets. Detailed instructions can be obtained from the code of practice “Epoxy resins in the building industry”, Published by the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Bau-Berufsgenossenschaften (study group of the professional construction guilds). Tiefbau-Berufsgenossenschaft (underground construction guild), Industrieverband Kiebstoffe e.V. (industrial association for adhesives), Bauchemie und Holzschutzmittel e.V. (constructional chemistry and wood protection) in Frankfurt.
The local waste removal regulations must be observed.
J.G.S Europe bvba
Tel. +32 (0)475/595 909
Tel. +32 (0)473/530 620
Tel. +32 (0)3/213 28 79
This information is based on extensive tests and practical experience. However, it cannot be applied to every type of application. If in doubt, we recommend that you test the product before using it. Due to continuous product improvement, this information is subject to change without notice. Our general terms and conditions apply. Version as of 1.2016
This new product replaces our rompox d1 , romex d1 and rompox romex d1
Check out this product video for jointing mortar D1
Help Line: 0800 118 5141